Sampoerna is one of the leading tobacco companies in Indonesia. We are an affiliate of Phillip Morris International (“PMI”). PMI is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, for more information, see www.pmi.com. Sampoerna and its subsidiaries employed approximately 29.600.
Big Data Engineer
Are you a visionary creative thinker, with an intuitive customer-centric approach? Do you want to make a difference in our company and be part of creating something new? Are you able to take the lead, looking after challenging timelines and working autonomously? If the answer is yes, then we would like to hear from you We are looking for a Big Data Engineer with the following details.
As a Big Data Engineer at PMI you will develop data pipelines from multiple sources (Big Query, Sprinklr, AWS S3, Kafka, Databases and other) to our Hadoop infrastructure. You will also work in teams with Data Scientists to build Machine Learning prototypes. We work with Apache Spark in Scala and Python, GIT, Jenkins, JFROG Artifactory, Linux, Docker and Hadoop ecosystem. We are looking for people with formal training in software engineering, who has hands-on experience in Object-Oriented programming / Big Data programming language (i.e. Spark / Scala), and passionate about writing clean, testable and maintainable code. Additionally, you will improve the current level of automation and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery of our platform as well as do code reviews for your peers.
- Research, evaluate, and develop PMI Enterprise Data Platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges.
- Handle production support issues as they arise.
- Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform.
- Support internal PMI Data Scientist team during use cases delivery.
- Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices.
Skills & experiences:
- An IT professional with at least 3 years of experience and exposure to Big Data technology stacks (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, etc.).
- Proven experience working with object-oriented programming language / Big Data programming language (i.e. Spark or Scala) is a MUST.
- Additional knowledge in Java or Python would be an asset.
- Prior experience in GIT, Unit Testing, SQL queries, Linux, software engineering is preferred.
- Familiarity with CI/CD automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Artifactory, etc.) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar.